Resurrected a 2nd, unconfirmed by who and how.
After being turned into a Chimera, Josh gained a number of supernatural powers. However, the powers Josh has demonstrated so far in the series are the following:
- Super Strength: As a Chimera, Josh has superhuman levels of strength, enough to allow him to break through locks, deadbolts, and chains, as well as throw a grown man across the room with little effort.
- Super Agility/Reflexes: As a Chimera, Josh's agility was extremely heightened, allowing him to move swiftly and easily, jump high into the air and across long distances, and perform gymnastic and acrobatic feats. He used this ability in his fight against the Eichen House guards.
- Accelerated Healing: As a Chimera, Josh's body regenerates its cells at an incredible rate, giving him an immunity to all human illnesses and conditions and allowing him to heal from mild to moderate injuries within minutes. As a result of this healing factor, he is unable to get drunk on alcohol or high on drugs, a side effect he greatly resents. It is assumed that this healing ability also includes extended longevity.
- Shapeshifting: Josh has the ability to extend his fingernails into claws, and can extend his teeth into very long, thin, and crooked fangs. These fangs have an appearance of being somewhere in the middle between werewolf fangs and kanima or wendigo fangs. He can also make his eyes and claws glow bright purple, which usually occurs when he is siphoning electricity.
- Electrokinesis: Josh possesses the ability to not only absorb electricity from any source, but can also transfer it and store it within himself. He can use this stored electricity as a defensive weapon at will by creating lightning balls in his hands or by transferring electricity from a source to an opponent who is vulnerable to electricity, such as werewolves. When Josh siphons electricity, it appears to give him a high of some kind, which he was pleased to learn he could do after finding out that he could no longer get high on drugs. He has used this power to absorb electricity from electrical cables, car batteries, and even cattle-prod tasers. Additionally, this power also allows Josh to sense electricity around him.
- Electricity Immunity: Josh's power of electrokinesis also affords him an immunity to electricity, and as a result, it is difficult for him to be harmed by it, though he did appear to feel discomfort when he was siphoning the electricity from Kira's body.
- Mountain Ash Immunity: Like all Chimeras, Josh is immune to the effects of mountain ash and rowan wood, since Chimeras were technically scientifically-created rather than supernaturally-created. This means they can not only not be trapped within circles of mountain ash, but they can also use it against supernatural creatures like any other human.